Horse Racing Betting Online in Australia
In Australia, horse racing is without a doubt one of the most popular betting sports. For most people, horse betting is extremely fun, combining a high energy sport with a variety of high-stakes and exotic betting options. While spending a day at the track is ideal, most people do not have the time or money to visit as often as they would like. Luckily online sports betting sites give Australians the opportunity to place horse bets son any horse race from the comfort of their own home. With so many horse races happening all over the world, online sports betting is the ideal way for Australian betting enthusiasts to make multiple horse racing bets on any race at any time.
Horse racing is the ideal sport betting option for any novice punter. Part of the attraction of horse racing betting is being able to choose from a wide variety of betting options. For beginners, betting on a straight win would be the easiest and safest ways to go; while more experienced punters can place horse racing bets on multiple horses and races simultaneously. There are three basic types of horse racing betting, namely straight bets, multi bets and exotic bets. For those who are new to horse betting, straight bets are the easiest to understand and to punt. Some examples of straight bets include:
- A straight Win – This means betting on a particular horse to win the race
- Place –This is betting on a horse to finish in the money, meaning finishing 2nd or 3rd place, sometimes up to 5th place.
- Each way – This is a combination of a win and place bet
|1||5/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match up to $250 AUD|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
Multi Bets and Exotic Bets
In addition to straight bets, more experienced punters can try their luck with multi bets and exotic bets. These are more complicated horse bets but they can increase excitement and value of horse betting with every one bet. Examples of multi bets include:
- Doubles – Betting on two separate races for the win where you have to be successful in both in order to cash in on your horse bets
- Trebles – Similar to doubles but instead of two races you have to pick the winner in all three
- Parlay – Also known as all ups or accumulators, these horse racing bets require the punter to be successful in picking winners in a series of races
Examples of exotic bets include:
- Quinella – Pick two horses to win and place second, regardless of the order in which both come in
- Exacta – The same as a quinella where you pick the winner and second place but you have to get them in their precise order
- Trifecta – Picking the winner, second and third place finishers all in their correct order
- First four – Picking the first four horses to finish in the money
Making the Right Horse Racing Bets
Picking a winning horse is a combination of luck and a historical understanding of previous races. Choosing just any horse to win is not the best way for a novice punter to start horse racing betting. Most experienced punters have a keen idea of which horses placed first second and third in previous races. To be successful, a punter should have a basic understanding of the capabilities of the horses involved. With a bit of luck anyone can win serious money and have fun at the same time. If you want to know where to mind the best Australian online horse betting sites, look no further. To make things easy for you we have listed and rated the country’s top online bookmaker sites right here.